Thursday, 19 December 2013

A Rebuttal Play

Simon's play was actually tight- kudos to him. It came late, but it's very witty - I wouldn't want to spoil it for you.

The response I can assure you took well within the 1 hour limit, in fact, I would say 10 minutes. That makes up for other times, I would say, so we can call it a cross subsidy.

The play is called: Procrastination.


Procrastination



A very short play





By Bubble Blurster






FIRST DRAFT

19 December 2013





Cast:

Two women

Two men

A Peacock

Interior. Share house. Two rooms.

To stage right is a lounge room, with a couch and TV and an elaborate Persian rug strung up against one side of the wall. On the floor a baseball bat, police chalk outline of a body on the floor. The front door is at far stage right, leading off stage.

To stage left is study with a computer (must be an Apple), computer desk and one  chair. A Buffy standee propped against a wall, pizza boxes strewn across the floor and an Xbox with couch plugged into a TV on the far left of the room.

Centre stage there is a door (real or mimed) separating the two rooms.

Early evening. Young man and woman in the kitchen, mid conversation.

Simon:
... and he never managed to ever finish the job.
Bek:
Well Simon, you're hardly one to talk. You've been working on this blog all year, and you seem to have faltered about half-way through.
Simon:
But I've been working on this play -
Bek:
- which you're not even going to finish.
Simon:
I will so finish it...

Peacock enters the room from the right.





The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment