Oh Simon you half bearded fiend
A try to make confounding poetry
Has merely manifested a foe in me
This poem ensures the slate will soon be cleaned.
Iambic pentameter I have learned
And I can dodge trochees even while in sleep
A pyric foot we can argue to keep
Lets face it boyo you may have been burned.
Yet really I should not be boastful pride
The truth is that the clock unmanned my work
An hour is parsimoneous I confess
So head is hung in shame nowhere to hide
Without my saying I have been a jerk
It may be that at poetry you are best.
A try to make confounding poetry
Has merely manifested a foe in me
This poem ensures the slate will soon be cleaned.
Iambic pentameter I have learned
And I can dodge trochees even while in sleep
A pyric foot we can argue to keep
Lets face it boyo you may have been burned.
Yet really I should not be boastful pride
The truth is that the clock unmanned my work
An hour is parsimoneous I confess
So head is hung in shame nowhere to hide
Without my saying I have been a jerk
It may be that at poetry you are best.
No comments:
Post a Comment